Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Changes

I have been doing a lot of thinking lately and a lot of talking one-on-one with some really good friends. I have had so much on my mind as of late and I feel like I have been in a limbo state in my life. Spring and Fall are the two times during the year I get this itch for change and I make decisions about where I want head in my life and what goals I want to set for myself.

Although this reflection period can be nice and helps me to look at the big picture and what I want out of the upcoming months ahead, it can be a double edge sword. I find myself contemplating relationships with those around me and begin to tear myself apart in my own mind. I become depressed and in a funk real quick and my mind starts to drift to that darker, sadder part of myself. I've spent the last few weeks there and it's time to move on. I can't do anything about the past. Can't change it and I can't let it be a part of my future. That's not how that works. I've let too many people get into my head and bring unwanted anxiety and sadness down upon me.

So, I've decided to say good riddance to bad rubbish. I'm done with people who work against me, I'm done keeping my mouth shut about things, and I'm am definitely done with allowing people to walk all over me. These people no longer have any control over me or my life. I need to move on. My friend, Hunter, said it best a few days ago, "You're either with me or against me. Choice is yours. But one of those can't get your feelings hurt." And that's how I feel right now. 

I need to focus on me, set goals for myself, and live up to my potential. I'm ready to do that now. I just feel sorry that some people will miss out on how truly great I can be. Their loss, not mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment