Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Break 2011: Day 2: Or How I almost brought home a dachshund…


After a restful night of sleep, I awoke around 8:30 and set off to start my day. I watched the weather channel to confirm that the weather would be exactly what the weather should be this time of year. I also found a Star Trek Next Generation marathon. Catching it on the Borg episodes, I watched them and then finally peeled myself away from the TV and hit the shower.

Curtis and I drove into downtown Fairfax and met up with Sally for her lunch break. We ate at an Irish pub and restaurant called The Auld Shebeen. I Had a Guinness pork bbq sandwich and The Auld Shebeen Ale.  Both were very yummy. 

Curtis and I then had errands to run. One of which was to stop by a local pet store and purchase food for the chin-chins (Chinchillas). While in the pet store, I spotted the most adorable black and brown dachshund puppy. He was all curled up in the corner of the exhibit case and looked so pitiful. What ensued was a frantic text message thread, begging to be able to purchase him and save him from being stuck in that case. Unfortunately, reality set in and I was talked down from said purchase. 

We returned home and relaxed until we were to meet up with Sally after she got off work. We all met up at a student bar/restaurant on GMU’s campus. We had several beers and played with the video on demand system. MyAkoo.com allows you to enter music videos you would like to see and plays them on TVs in the restaurant. Sally and I had much fun playing music that we knew the students there would not have known. The looks on some of their faces as they had to endure The Cure, The Smiths, David Bowie, and Depeche Mode was hilarious. 

All three of us then returned home for the night and enjoyed snacks and wine purchased the night before.

No comments:

Post a Comment