Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Break 2011: Day 1


Recently I had been feeling like I was in a holding pattern. I needed to get out of SC for a few days. So, with Spring Break, I decided to head up to Fairfax, VA to visit with good friends, Sally and Curtis.

Having packed the night before, I woke up Monday, showered, and got on the road by 8 a.m. Once I hit 77, I cracked open a Red Bull, put in The Cure’s Galore CD, and settled in for the long eight hour drive. Driving on 77 was smooth sailing with minimal issues. I hit 81 and it was normal, crazy 81. I stopped at Shelton Vineyards and picked up a few gifts for my gracious hosts for my “lunch break”. 

I arrived to my destination by 4:30 and Curtis promptly poured me an ice cold beer. We watched Airplane and caught up on conversation until Sally got off work. We decided on Dogfish Head Brewery restaurant for dinner. Had a fabulous roast beef sandwich and two amazing beers, Aprihop (an Indian Pale Ale made with apricots) and the Indian Brown Ale.

We followed dinner with a trip to Wegmans, which is by far the most amazing grocery complex ever. They even have a whole floor devoted to wine. Sally kindly purchased several wonderful wines and snack items for the visit.

Having had a long day, we settled in for the night. Sally and I enjoyed some wine, snacks, and On Demand episodes of Intervention.

No comments:

Post a Comment